In third grade I was in a school play about the Winter Olympics (nonsensical, I know). I had like two lines, and I send them backwards, stuttering.
HI EVERYBODY! I’m a little busy getting ready to bounce to Vegas for a week, but here are a few quick things:
- The single-cartridge multiplayer in Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes is surprisingly horrible. Not only can you not pick your faction, units or any artifacts, the load time for each game is probably close to five minutes, no exaggeration. Even funnier, one the game ends, the person without the cart is forced to shut his/her DS off, adding even more time onto each round you want to play. I suppose it’s a lot to ask to have the game share well via only one copy, it’s just a shame that such a great game has to suffer so bad in this area.
SOME SONGS TO CHECK OUT THIS WEEK:
- “I like you so much better when you’re naked” –Ida Maria. A silly, poppy song, but I find its cheerfulness impossible to resist.
- “Shop Vac” –Jonathon Coulton. J.C. manages to make an aged, crumbling marriage funny somehow.
- “Brick by Boring Brick” –Paramore. I realize I’m not doing my punk-rock cred any favors this week, but I can’t get enough of this song. Like the message, like the instrumentation, and Iove the singer’s voice. Talk about a nice set of pipes.
- “Close To Me” –Valencia, covering the cure. A video from my local alt-rock station which I highly recommend hiding behind another window and not watching. Gross camera work aside, it’s a nice cover of one of my favorite songs.
Next week I guess I should do all death metal or grindcore songs so everyone reading doesn’t realize I’m a total sissy too quickly.